In Monday, Nov 15th's meeting, the ACLU of Oklahoma announced plans for a Call for a Moratorium on Executions in Oklahoma and stay on the execution dates until the federal court litigations are final. We will continue to stay connected through email thread and future conversations as this fight kicks off! If you notice someone who is not on this email list should be, just reply to this email with the person’s name and email and I can take care of that!
Below are the takeaways from this meeting.
What are some Action Steps the ACLU of Oklahoma are planning?
What are your Action Steps as an individual and with your organizations?
- Sign the Letter to the Governor (This letter is public and will be used in media) - Priority
- Share the letter with your Oklahoma networks. (Orgs and Individuals) - Priority
- Talk to your elected official and ask them to sign on to this letter - Priority
- Call the Governor
- Make Calls/Text to Oklahomans
- Facilitate conversations about Ending Executions in Oklahoma
- Write Op-Eds
Urge the Governor to:
- Oklahoma has administered 4 flawed executions that have led to torture
- Stay all execution dates
- Honor the agreement of no executions until federal court litigation is finalized